Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trouble with Hotmail or Windows Live Messenger?

I keep getting popup notifications for random emails, they seem to be spam as they have dodgey names. The thing is, when I click the popup to take me to my inbox, it says -


"The message you selected could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted. Please click the folder again to refresh the view."


When I refresh, it takes me to the same page, and when I click on my inbox, there isn't any email there? Not in my inbox OR junk folder.





Also, in Windows Live Messenger, it says I have 6 new emails, when I don't? Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Trouble with Hotmail or Windows Live Messenger?
This is a common issue. It usually happens because Microsoft's servers are very busy. Too many people are trying to access their emails at the same time and you'll get this error message because the servers are struggling under the strain.





Try again later and you should find that the problem will resolve itself.





If the problems persist, then you should reinstall Windows Live Messenger. It can be done using the following method (depending upon your version of Windows):





Windows Vista





1. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.


2. Click Classic View.


3. Double-click Programs and Features.


4. In the List of Programs, select Windows Live Messenger.


5. Right-click and select Repair.





Windows XP SP2





1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.


2. Click Classic View.


3. Select Add or Remove Programs.


4. In the List of Programs, select Windows Live Messenger.


5. Click Change, and then click Repair.











I hope this resolves your issue. Please feel free to rate my answer if you found it useful.
Reply:The popup notifier runs with a lag so you might have deleted them already or Microsoft detected and deleted them with their anti spam/phising filters they employ (if someone else reports the message all the messages get flagged)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

hotmail messenger Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting